- A close relative of wheat that results from pollinating Duram Wheat with rye pollen
- The resulting grain is then used in a breeding program to produce stable self-replicating triticale
- The basic objective in creating this cross is to capture the best traits of rye and wheat
- Triticale can be grown to produce grain or silage
- Grazing and cover crop options can also be good choices
- Potential exists to increase yields in other crops when added to rotation
- Look for reduced costs and risk management of weather too!