Can be used in mixtures in erosion control situations. Excellent grass to use with wildflowers! This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Can be used in mixtures in erosion control situations.
- Grows to be 6 to 24 inches.
- Used as a low maintenance turf planting. Also used in surface mine re-vegetation plantings.
- A major warm season grass and can be used in mixtures with cool season grasses.
- Should be planted between 1/4 - 1/2 inches deep.
- Most effective when grown in the dryer parts of northern and southern great plains and southwestern regions of the USA.
- Grown primarily with buffalograss, needle-and-thread, western wheatgrass, and green needlegrass in short grass prairie setting.
- Demonstrates good drought, fair salinity and moderate alkalinity tolerance.
- Longevity: Perennial.
Seeding Rate Broadcast at 2-6 lbs/acre (PLS) Drilled at 1-3 lbs/acre (PLS)
Monday-Friday 8-5 & Saturday 8-12 CST