A cool season, perennial bunch grass This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Scientific name: Elymus virginicus
- A cool season, perennial bunch grass.
- Virginia wildrye will tolerate a wide range of soil textures, from coarse sands to heavy clay.
- It is similar to Canada wildrye in appearance, but is typically shorter in height.
- Grows 2-3 feet in height.
- Palatable and nutritious forage for large game animals such as deer.
- Can be mixed with warm season grasses for restoration and conservation plantings.
- Color may vary from green to silvery blue, and foliage often has a waxy appearance.
- Shade tolerant and is equally at home in open grasslands and prairies as it is in wooded sites.
- Seed should be planted in early fall approximately ¼ to ½ inch deep in heavy soils, and up to 1 inch deep in sandy soils.
Seeding Rate Broadcast at 20 lbs/acre (PLS) Drilled at 10-15 lbs/acre (PLS)
Monday-Friday 8-5 & Saturday 8-12 CST