Warm season, perennial grass that is native to North America. Makes great cover and bedding areas. This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Scientific name: Panicum virgatum
- Summer perennial grass that is native to North America.
- Grows best in areas that receive 30 inches of rainfall a year in in irragated areas with average wet soils.
- Grows to 3-6 feet in height.
- Can be distinguished from other native grasses by the dense patch of hairs at the point where the leaf blade attaches to the sheath.
- Foliage turns a beautiful yellow in the fall.
- Could be planted on a highly erodile sites and field borders.
- Longevity: Perennial.
- Approximately 258,800 seeds/lb
- Planting Range: May 1-June 1 or fall seeding
Seeding Rate Drilled -> 4-6 lbs (PLS) per acre Broacasted -> 6-8 lbs (PLS) per acre 1/2-1 lbs per 1,000 sq ft.
Monday-Friday 8-5 & Saturday 8-12 CST