- Winfred forage brassica is a cross between a turnip and a kale, generally termed a rape
- The most versatile of the brassicas, suitable for a wide range of soil fertility and environmental conditions, stock classes, and sowing times
- Good frost tolerance and better regrowth potential, retaining leaf and stem quality in frosty or cold conditions when compared to other brassicas
- Once established, Winfred is also tolerant of dry conditions which makes this variety ideal for summer, autumn and winter feeding
- Expect winfred to mature in 10-12 weeks
- Seeding depth: 1/4-1/2"
- Longevity: Annual