- 60% Triticale 40% 4010 Peas
- Drill approximately 3/4″ deep and seed at 120-150 lbs/acre (less if underseeding legumes).
- Plan on harvesting 50-60 days after planting.
- Harvesting when small grain is at the boot stage will provide the best quality. Waiting until milk stage will improve tonnage but decrease quality.
- Seed as soon as fields are ready to be worked
- Triticale is similar to oats, but with more leafy density, thicker leaves and higher protein
- Needs 60 lbs N, 30 lbs P and 60 lbs K
- Mix can yield 2-4 tons dry matter per acre
Seed Rate: Drilled 120-150 lbs/acre