Warm season grass. Works well to mix with a cool season grass. This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Scientific name: Andropogon gerardii
- Warm season, perennial bunch grass. Works well to mix with a cool season grass.
- Has an attractive reddish-copper color in fall and can help create beautiful landscape.
- Blooms from June through September.
- Can reach heights of 3-8 feet tall.
- Grown in Western Minnesota. IT IS SUGGESTED THAT WARM SEASON GRASSES ARE PLANTED WITHIN 300 MILES WHERE GROWN.
- Soil Type: Well drained.
- Longevity: Pereninial.
- Moisture requirement: Adaptable to dry.
- Approximately 145,300 seeds/lb
- Planting Range: May 1-June 1 or fall seeding
7-12 lbs (PLS) per acre 1/2-1 lbs per 1,000 sq ft for ornamental plantings.