Little Bluestem Seed (Schizachyrium scoparium)
- 0.00 LBS
Warm season grass that mixes with a cool season grass. This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Scientific name: Schizachyrium scoparium
- Warm season grass. Works well to mix with a cool season grass.
- One of the most popular ornamental grasses on the market today and widely used in landscaping.
- Mixes well with wildflowers.
- Has a wide range of colors from shades of blue to green hues.
- Can reach heights of 2-4 feet tall.
- Little bluestem is a vigorous, long-live native bunchgrass.
- Grown in Western Minnesota. IT IS SUGGESTED THAT WARM SEASON GRASSES ARE PLANTED WITHIN 300 MILES WHERE GROWN.
- Soil Type: Tolerate poor soil.
- Longevity: Pereninial.
- Moisture requirement: Adaptable to dry.
Broadcasted -> 7-12 lbs (PLS) per acre 1/2-1 lbs per 1,000 sq ft for ornamental plantings.