Indiangrass is a long-lived, warm-seasoned, tall native bunchgrass This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Scientific name: Sorghastrum nutans
- Indiangrass is a long-lived, warm-season, tall native bunchgrass.
- Works well to mix with a cool season grass.
- It's adapted throughout the United States in most soil types from heavy clay to coarse sands.
- Indiangrass spreads by seed. Individual plants increase by size to large, dense bunches of underground rhizomes.
- Provides excellent forage for wildlife and good cover for deer and gamebirds.
- Should be planted between 1/4" - 1/2" in. deep.
- Grows 4-8 feet tall
- Best seedling stands have been obtained where plantings were made on a clean-tilled, firm, well-prepared seedbed.
- Longevity: Perennial
- Approximately 179,300 seeds/lb
- Planting Range: May 1-June 1 or fall seeding
Seeding Rate Drilled -> 6-8 lbs (PLS) per acre Broadcasted -> 8-10 lbs (PLS) per acre
Monday-Friday 8-5 & Saturday 8-12 CST