Sideoats Grama is long-lived and warm-season grass. This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Scientific name: Bouteloua curtipendula
- Sideoats Grama is long-lived and warm-season grass.
- Works well to mix with a cool season grass.
- It has short, scaly rhizomes. Usually it makes a bunch-type growth and can form a dense sod.
- The flowering stocks are 2-3 feet tall. The leaves are about 10-12 inches long and nearly 1/4 inch wide. The seed-head consists of a large number of oat-like seeds set on one side of the stem, which is about 6-12 inches long.
- The root system is fairly deep and well branched; thus the plants can effectively utilize all available moisture.
- Longevity: Perennial.
Monday-Friday 8-5 & Saturday 8-12 CST